In case anyone has missed it, we're in the process of raising money for a down payment to buy the school buildings and 4 acres of property that go with them. The following is a breakdown of current and upcoming fundraisers specifically for this purpose. If you have any questions, please contact Sammi Justice at the school.
- Dollar Drive – Post it on Facebook, ask your neighbors, ask your friends…ask your enemies if you want! The point of this drive is to simply ask for a dollar for the cause. We're not selling anything. We're not asking for a lot of money. We're asking for a dollar. Many will give more than a dollar…the more the merrier! I've made up envelopes to help with this. If you'd like to get a stack of them to hang on door handles, please come see Sammi in the Elementary Building (Building 1). The idea with the envelopes is to hang them on as many doors as you can, then go back the next day and pick up the money. They are already printed and have ribbons attached. You DO NOT HAVE TO TALK TO ANYONE. See, if you don't like to talk to people, you can help us! ;-)
- Birdhouses – This past Saturday, Sept 22,we had an excellent turnout for our birdhouse project. We were in the High School Building (Building 2) decorating birdhouses with river rock and other types of decorative stone. Please contact us if you'd like to purchase one of these birhouses. We will also be taking these to some upcoming craft shows. More information on that as we have specific details.
- Donation Letters – In the packet given out on the night of Orientation, there were three copies of a letter to send to potential donors. If you need more copies, they are available. We also have a slightly modified version of that letter specifically stating that if the donation is made in memoriam, that the person's name will be added to a plaque to be hung in the High School Building.
- Spaghetti Dinner – Planning for a date around the first of November…watch for details! On this night, we'll be having a silent auction. We'd like to have HAND CRAFTED items, made by friends and families of WCA. The point here is to dig deep for those hidden talents: baking, sewing, knitting, woodworking, etc. Some other ideas: an afternoon of yard clean-up, house cleaning, home-cooked meal, or even babysitting. The options are limitless…think on it, and let Sammi know what you'd like to donate!
- Pop Can Drive – We're collecting pop cans in the High School Building. There has also been a few that have mentioned driving around with a trailer and doing a large-scale pop can drive. If you are interested in helping with this, let Sammi know!
The moral of the story is this: WE NEED EVERYONE TO DO "SOMETHING." I understand that not everyone can do "a lot," but most everyone can help out a little.